Friday, April 03, 2009

Your Own Muslim Brother Is Not Safe From You?

وَلَا يَغْتَب بَّعْضُكُم بَعْضًا
...and do not speak bad of one another..[49:12]


Sufyân ibn Husayn al-Wâsitî narrates:

“I spoke ill of a person in the presence of Iyâs bin Mu’âwiyah al-Muzanî who was the judge of Basra, a Tâbi’î and a very intelligent person. He looked straight in my face and asked

Did you wage war against the Romans?’
I replied: “No”.

He asked, 'Did you wage war against Sind, India and the Turks?'
I replied “No”,

‘How is it then, that the Romans, the Sindis, the Indians and the Turks are safe from you whilst your own Muslim Brother is not safe from you?”

Sufyan narrates: I never did this again

Ibn Kathîr: al-Bidâyah wan-Nihâyah,
Volume 9: Page 336

Posted by UmmShurahbeel at 2:38 pm
3 decided to comment

About Me

    Name: Umm Shurahbeel
    Location: ad-Dunya

    In Pursuit of Allaah's Pleasure and Needy for His Mercy


    May Allaah 'azza wa jall make this blog a means of benefit.
    May He forgive me for my short comings and mistakes that I may make.
    May He grant us all a place in Paradise with the Prophets, the Siddiqeeen, the Shuhadaa' & the Saaliheen - Aameen.


Archives

-