Monday, December 11, 2006

I Made My Hope A Stairway For Your Forgiveness..

Assalamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh


A few moving words said by Imam ash-Shafi'ee Rahimahullah whilst on his deathbed



وَلَمّا قَسا قَلبي وَضاقَـت مَذاهِبـي
When My Heart Was Hardened & My Courses Constrained


جَعَلتُ الرَّجا مِنّي لِعَفـوِكَ سُلمـا
I Made My Hope A Stairway To Your Forgiveness

تَعاظَمَنـي ذَنبـي فَلَمّـا قَرَنُـتـهُ
My Sin Burdened Me Heavily, But When I Measured It

بِعَفوِكَ رَبّي كَانَ عَفـوُكَ أَعظَمـا
By Your Forgiveness Lord, Your Forgiveness Was Greater.

Posted by UmmShurahbeel at 5:34 pm
5 decided to comment

About Me

    Name: Umm Shurahbeel
    Location: ad-Dunya

    In Pursuit of Allaah's Pleasure and Needy for His Mercy


    May Allaah 'azza wa jall make this blog a means of benefit.
    May He forgive me for my short comings and mistakes that I may make.
    May He grant us all a place in Paradise with the Prophets, the Siddiqeeen, the Shuhadaa' & the Saaliheen - Aameen.


Archives

-