Friday, September 08, 2006

Sa'id bin Khalids RA Touching Words

Ruwaym bin ‘Amir narrates from Wâqis bin Sayf ash-Shabkâri:



I was with the army which Aboo Bakr رضي الله عنه had sent to Aylah and Palestine under the leadership of ‘Amr bin al-Aas رضي الله عنه , with Sa’id bin Khâlid bin Sâ’id رضي الله عنه as the flag bearer. I saw him waving the flag and reciting this poem:

We are marching with a small army from the best nation,
Against Disbelievers, Syria is our destination.

They worship the Cross, an evil people are they,

I will cut them to the ground, with my sword I will slay,

I will pierce them thoroughly with my spear,

On the battle-field there is nothing I fear

In this war Paradise is my aspiration

And that with the pious be my resurrection

Posted by UmmShurahbeel at 5:51 pm
1 decided to comment

About Me

    Name: Umm Shurahbeel
    Location: ad-Dunya

    In Pursuit of Allaah's Pleasure and Needy for His Mercy


    May Allaah 'azza wa jall make this blog a means of benefit.
    May He forgive me for my short comings and mistakes that I may make.
    May He grant us all a place in Paradise with the Prophets, the Siddiqeeen, the Shuhadaa' & the Saaliheen - Aameen.


Archives

-