Sunday, September 10, 2006

Poetry by Khâlid Bin Walîd رضي الله عنه

Poetry by Khâlid Ibn Walîd رضي الله عنه


O my Master! For every blessing I praise You


O Bountiful One! For all you give I thank You


After disbelief and darkness You have favoured us.


Taken us out of Doubts, and Wrong's darkness.

Through Muhammad [SAW] You saved us and removed what is blameable
And made us assisted, guided and honourable,
You have named us the best of all nations,
So fulfil our intentions, Let the disbelievers taste,
Their punishment with all haste!



- Page 63



Who will inform Abû Bakr that we


Are fighting the Roman army


Allâh has prohibited except that I break the Disbelievers


And relieve my spear’s thirst with blood of Roman leaders.


Many victims will I fling to the ground


Many will weep at a friend no longer found



- Page 70



I swear by the Great King that I have taken this banner


And that by carrying it I am the leader,


Because I am the chief of Makhzûm’s son,


And also am amongst Noble Ahmad’s companions


In setting out, It is like a reckless lion that I behave,


O Allâh! It is fighting the Romans that I do crave



- Page 183




Woe to the hordes of Rome on the day of fighting,

Indeed I see war in it blazing,


How many times have they met from us occasions of exhaustion


How many times have I left the Romans in destruction



- Page 244



It must be noted that in translating from Arabic to English the true meaning and essence cannot be completely matched and so sometimes the meaning is lost in translation.

Posted by UmmShurahbeel at 11:32 am
3 decided to comment

About Me

    Name: Umm Shurahbeel
    Location: ad-Dunya

    In Pursuit of Allaah's Pleasure and Needy for His Mercy


    May Allaah 'azza wa jall make this blog a means of benefit.
    May He forgive me for my short comings and mistakes that I may make.
    May He grant us all a place in Paradise with the Prophets, the Siddiqeeen, the Shuhadaa' & the Saaliheen - Aameen.


Archives

-