Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Poem By Imam Ash-Shafi'ee

There's this amazing poem by Imam Ash-Shafi'ee found in his Deewan called The Love Of Those Who Are Pious 'حب الصالحين ' which as you can prolly tell is in regards to the pious...it's only two couplets but SubhanAllaah - very deep - pretty much sums up my whole life and how I feel...




أحب الصالحين ولست منهم *** لعلي أنـال بهـم شفاعـة
وأكره من تجارته المعاصي *** ولو كلنا سواء في البضاعة




The first couplet meaning...




"I love those who are pious but Alas! I am not from amongst them..Maybe Allaah will bestow upon me (due to my love for them) Piety.."




May Allaah 'Azza Wa Jall increase us in our Taqwa and piety - Aameen




There goes my first ever post on my blog...*wonders why I didn't start a blog earlier*...it's a pretty nifty thing..:)

Posted by UmmShurahbeel at 7:08 pm
5 decided to comment

About Me

    Name: Umm Shurahbeel
    Location: ad-Dunya

    In Pursuit of Allaah's Pleasure and Needy for His Mercy


    May Allaah 'azza wa jall make this blog a means of benefit.
    May He forgive me for my short comings and mistakes that I may make.
    May He grant us all a place in Paradise with the Prophets, the Siddiqeeen, the Shuhadaa' & the Saaliheen - Aameen.


Archives

-